Union City School Board Part Two; Keefer Resigns as AD
By Jasmine Deserae Staff Writer
Union City — The Union City School Board Meeting Thursday, April 11th, was split into two sections. The second half consisted on voting matters for co-curricular, finance and personnel.
The first item brought to the Board’s attention was the recommendation of posting a “draft” agenda on the District’s website prior to their meetings. The group had discussed this option at the Meeting of the Whole at the beginning of April. The group unanimously voted against the posting the agenda.
The following motions were unanimously accepted/approved by the UCASD School Board:
- The resignation of Daniel Keefer as Athletic Director.
- The UCASD 2019-2020 Preliminary General Fund Budget in the amount of $19,237,654.
- The 2019-2020 General Fund Budget for the Erie County Technical School.
- The Monahan & Monahan, CPA, Single Audit Report on financial statements ending June 30, 2018.
- The purchase of a dishwasher in the amount of $20,859.
- The $19,000 bid from Firth Maple Products for timber
- Resignations of Lisa S. Frisina, Stephen E. Frisina, Sherri Lee Porter, Madalyn E. Still, Blaine R. Walp, Steven G. Yovich, and Michael A. Zarger.
- District volunteers for remainder of current school year: Keith Knauff, Denise Kovhanczyk and Denice Tippen
- Tina Blakeslee and Samantha Wojtecki as additions to District Substitute List for remainder of 2018-2019 school year. (Board member Blain Blakeslee naturally removed himself from this vote).
There was approval for many positions throughout the district. For teachers in attendance, they became aware of their new positions. Donna L. Watkins will be the schools certified nurse effective 2019-2020. Michelle E. Flaherty will be transferred from being a 2nd grade teacher to a new Elementary STEM position. Edith M. Leute will also be transferred from her Elementary Special Education role to a 2nd grade teacher in the 2019-2020 school year.
“They are well deserving of their new positions,” Superintendent Mr. Bennett added before the meeting was adjourned.
The School Board will continue to meet every Thursday of April for personnel and contracts. The meetings will still start at 6 PM in the Elementary School’s Large Group Instruction Room.